The Wild Pair plans boutique weddings and adventure elopements for the natural and untamed couple. Born from a love of intimate moments and big adventures, we created The Wild pair to help you plan a wedding or elopement experience like no other. We believe your wedding shouldn’t be bound by tradition or expectation; we believe you should be able to do anything on your wedding day and go anywhere. Whether that’s hiking to the top of a mountain to say your “I Do’s”, or creating a beautiful ceremony and reception in a country barn, we are here to help and guide you every step of the way. Why? Because we’ve been there and done that. We know how challenging planning your dream wedding or adventure elopement can be and we know how easy it can be to lose sight of what’s really important. We’re here to make sure your wedding day is better than you ever imagined.
For the truly wild at heart, we offer bespoke adventure elopements. This is a wedding experience like no other and could see you wed on the top of a mountain, at the foot of a waterfall or deep within a valley. When you choose to elope, the opportunities are endless...
For the couple who do not do 'standard', but still want the big wedding, we offer full and partial wedding planning and day-of coordination. We work with you to plan a wedding that reflects you and your partner’s unique style and personality...
Explore Our Adventure Elopements
What is an adventure elopement?
Picture this… You and your other half are hiking to the top of a mountain (or the bottom of a waterfall or to a secluded beach or to any adventurous location you can think of); the great Australian landscape is your backdrop.
You do a quick costume change, grab your bouquet and look up at your other half. You hold hands and you say your vows to each other. There’s no mic, no fanfare, just you and your partner. You kiss – you marry.
You’ll get some epic photos to remember this moment; photos that illustrate your love for each other, adventure and the great outdoors. You settle down to a romantic picnic, or maybe you hike off to a secluded campsite. You spend the first few hours as a married couple together. There’s no distractions.
This is the adventure elopement. And we organise it all for you – celebrant, photographer, nibblies and all.
How an adventure elopement work?
We start by getting to know you and your partner and what your ideal elopement would look like. Once we have brainstormed some epic ideas with you over a cup of coffee or a beer, you can sit back and enjoy your engagement while we plan. We look after:
- Scouting out your elopement location.
- Organising and booking your vendors. At a minimum this includes your celebrant and photographer, but can include as many vendors as you would like.
- Organising necessary council or national park permits.
- Organising the logistics of the day, including transportation and packing lists.
When it comes to your elopement day, we are there as your guides and pack mules! We bring all of the necessary supplies and equipment to ensure your elopement goes to plan (including a bottle of champaign to crack open once you’ve officialy said “I Do”)!
Sound amazing?! Get in touch to book a complimentary consultation with us today.
Image by Wood & Flame
Discover Our Weddings
We craft weddings for the natural and untamed couple. We do not do ‘standard’; instead, we work with you to plan a wedding that reflects you and your partner’s unique style and personality.
We offer full and partial wedding planning depending on your needs. We also offer day-of coordination. Our wedding planning services include:
- Style Development – we help you refine your vision and develop a style that reflects you and your partner’s unique personalities.
- Budget Management – we work with you to ensure your wedding remains within budget. We advise you on where to allocate your budget, and also manage your budget for you.
- Venue and Vendor Selection – we assist you to choose your ceremony and reception venue to match your style. We also help you to secure high quality vendors and suppliers who will fit into your budget and work with your style.
- Onsite Coordination – we ensure your wedding day runs to schedule by developing run sheets, overseeing your set up and managing your vendors. This leaves you free to sit back and enjoy the day!
Sound perfect? Get in touch to book a complimentary consultation with us today.
Director & Principal Planner
Hi there! I’m Lauren – the brains and the creative behind The Wild Pair. Here’s what you need to know about me:
- I am super organised and love a good list
- I love pineapple, especially on pizza and in red curry
- I’m currently hiking in a sick pair of red Oboz
- In my opinion, the best dance floor song is Boom Boom Boom by the Vega Boys (don’t judge!)
- My favourite place on earth is a either Yosemite NP, The Grand Canyon, or the Thai island Koh Andang (okay, so I’m not very good at picking favourites…)
- I fricken love my husband and love doing life with him!
Porter & soon-to-be Celebrant
Hey, James here – or as Lauren knows me, the ‘porter’! I’m The Wild Pair’s chief navigator and outdoors extordinnaire. Here’s me summed up to a tee:
- I’m an engineer by day, but adventurist at heart
- I love a physical challenge; the harder, the better!
- I’m currently breaking in a new pair of Salomon hiking boots, and trying some trail running in them too
- I’ll only dance after a few too many beers and with lots of encouragement from Lauren
- My favourite place on this planet is Seefled in Austria because of its epic mountains
- I love my wife to bits and am stoked that she likes to adventure with me!
We would love to get to know you!
How we work.
1. You Choose
First thing’s first, you need to have a DnM with your partner and decide on whether you would like to elope or whether you would like to have a wedding. Forget about what your Mum, your best friend and your great Aunty think you should do. Think about what you want your wedding day to look like.
2. We Meet
Now it’s time for the fun to start. We meet over a coffee, beer or Zoom and spend a little while chatting about your dream wedding. Once we know a little bit more about you and your partner, we will provide you with a custom quote for your elopement or wedding planning.
3. We Plan
We look after all of the planning for your dream wedding day, from scouting locations or venues, to choosing your vendors and managing your budget. You can be as hands on, or hands off, as you like during this process and we will guide you every step of the way.
4. You marry
When it’s time for you to marry, we are right there with you to make sure everything goes to plan; whether that be as your hiking guides leading you to your elopement location or as your day-of coordinators!
So what do you say? Are you keen to start planning your biggest adventure?
Image by Translucent Photography
View Our Creations
Have you ever heard the saying, “there’s no such thing as bad weather, just different types of good weather?” It’s another way of saying, life’s too short, or seize the day! And quite frankly, we agree. We believe that outdoors is better than indoors and there’s no point living just to exist. We love the mountains as much as the ocean and can’t decide whether we prefer hiking, trail running or skiing. We think there’s no better play ground than planet earth and there’s not enough years to explore. We value experiences over things and think time is too precious. Ultimately, we live to experience everything this world has to offer and would be so stoked to help you have an adventure elopement or wedding like no other!
Get in Touch.
Keen to plan your adventure elopement or wedding?
Image by James White Photography